Which Chef’s Knife?
Have you ever watched a cooking show and taken notice of the speedy chopping of the professional chefs? I have. And I always tried to mimic what I saw, but just couldn’t do it. That is, until 5 years ago when I purchased the Wüsthof Classic 8″ Chef’s Knife. My sister (who is really into gourmet cooking) recommended that I buy Wüsthof knives. I didn’t just take her word for it, but did quite a bit of research.I discovered that this was one of the most popular knives. This Cook’s knife is what I finally decided on (along with some other Wüsthof knives), and I haven’t been disappointed! Buy it here:
It’s true, proper cutting technique is very important, but I was amazed at how much my food cutting skills improved once I had the right tools. After buying this knife I found cutting much easier, and I finally enjoyed cooking much more.
The 8″ Cook’s knife is the most essential knife used in the kitchen, and arguably the most important tool in your kitchen. When I compare this knife with other knives I notice just how superior the balance and quality are. The handle is quite comfortable, and the heavy weight makes slicing a breeze. If you make certain that this knife is always sharp, you will be amazed at how easily it cuts through food.
Here are a few details:
- No kitchen should be without this manual food processor. It is the most essential of all knives used in the kitchen. Slicing, mincing, dicing of all kind of food. Perfectly balanced, an extension of your hand.
- Precision forged from a single blank of steel with bolster and full tang.
- Ergonomic handle design developed in consultation with professional chefs.
- Full bolster/finger guard for safety and protection.
- Caution: cook´s knives purposely have been ground extra thin for the ultimate cutting performance. Chopping through bones will damage the fine edge.